The Pro-Ject 6 Perspex SuperPack is a stunning deck and includes the highly acclaimed Ortofon 2M Blue moving magnet cartridge (worth £185).
A series of listening tests showed that the metal springs and sub-chassis used in the old Perspective turntable could limit its sonic possibilities. So the 6 Perspex was designed with a completely new approach in mind, compared to its predecessor.
The sub-chassis is now made out of ´Corian´, which shows no resonances at all, and the assembly is supported by magnetic power instead of metal springs, providing excellent decoupling. The result was truly phenomenal, so it only seemed fair to partner this break-through deck with the new High-End Pro-Ject 9cc Evolution Tonearm. As a conclusion, the revolutionary decoupling concept and the mechanical tone-arm masterpiece can showcase outstanding abilities in fine dynamics, and push the limits of analogue audio one step further.
- The transparent acrylic plinth stands on three individually height-adjustable Sorbothane®-damped aluminium cones and carries the motor and the sub-chassis. The sub-chassis, made of Corian, rests on tree magnetic fields. A supplied spirit level allows for easy adjustment of the sub-chassis.
- A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a belt.
- The inverted bearing uses a stainless-steel axle carrying a ceramic ball on which the ceramic bearing plate runs.
- The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising a fine-balanced medium density fibre platter weighing 2Kg and a 4mm thick flat-ground layer of vinyl and a screw-down metal record clamp.
- Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
- External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
- The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
- Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
- Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The massive outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
- Sorbothane®-damped counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
- The counterweights supplied are suitable for cartridges weighing between 5 - 7,5g, 7 - 10g, 9 - 11g or 10 - 14g
- Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
- Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
- Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
- The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
- High quality connection cable Pro-Ject Connect it Phono RCA-C supplied (123cm)