Loading. Please Wait
Ex Display AudioEngine A5+ Active Speakers in Bamboo
Audioengine A5+ is an update on the Audioengine A5, excellent active speakers, now including a remote control and boasting a powerful 45W per channel with integral subwoofer ports for excellent bass - a quality upgrade for your iPod, laptop, Mac, computer and more - in black, white or bamboo. Designed for optimal ease of setup and versatility, the Audioengine A5+ has a built-in power port for iPod charging while listening to your music, watching movies, or playing games.
Plug an iPod Dock or iPod directly into the Audioengine Combo Port and you're ready to rock (or roll). The Combo Port USB charger is compatible with the nano and video iPod as well as all other products that charge via USB.
What can I plug into the A5+?
As well as being compatible with iPod nano and and video, you can connect the Audioengine A5+ to other mp3/portable music players, external docks, LCD/Plasma screens, game consoles, DVD/Blu ray players, satellite receivers, CD players, PDAs and mobile phones, PCs and laptops and practically anything else which features an audio output!
What goes into each A5+?
Audioengine designs and manufactures their our own drivers, woofers, crossovers, amplifiers, power supplies, and cabinets. This means that all of these parts are painstakingly tuned together to offer the best possible sound quality. This is a unique feature of this system which isn't the case for most small active speaker systems, where the manufacturer buys in "standard " parts and just puts them together. Furthermore, the speakers are designed to offer performance as close as possible to studio monitors, speakers which offer a theoretical flat frequency response, and offer a sound as close as possible to the original recording.
The Audioengine A5+ features audiophile quality, ferro-fluid cooled, 20mm silk dome tweeters with Neodymium magnets and 5" Kevlar woofers, which is very strong, meaning the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. Even the cabinets are designed with the same care and attention with 1” thick high-resin MDF walls and extensive internal bracing. All edges are rounded which look great and also reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. Each cabinet contains tuned, rear-firing ports. Both speakers are tuned together and sold in pairs. Both cabinets are shielded to allow placement close to a screen without causing interference.
With an AC power jack in the rear panel, the Audioengine 5 provides the ability to stream music from your laptop directly to the speakers through Apple's Airport Express. The rear panel AC outlet is also ideal for providing power to other portable and home A/V equipment. A 2nd auxiliary mini-jack is located nearby for audio input from the Airport Express or other products. Plenty of cables are included to connect all your gear.
Audioengine A5+ Features
- iPod power charging port (Combo Port)
- 2 audio inputs
- Built-in power amplifier, no receiver/amp needed
- Power outlet for Airport Express
- Front panel volume control
- Custom Kevlar woofers for super low end
- Silk dome tweeters for smooth highs
- Built-in subwoofers for awesome bass
- Hand-built and tuned cabinets w/high-gloss furniture-grade finish
- Magnetically shielded for placement near video monitors
- Manufacturers warranty
- All cables included
Audioengine A5+ Specifications
- Type: 2.0 bookshelf-style, powered speaker system
- Power output: 45W RMS/ 70W peak per channel (AES)
- Amplifier type: Dual Class AB monolithic
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection, replaceable external main fuse
- Materials and Construction: 1" thick MDF cabinet
- 5" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
- 20mm silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- Torroidal power transformers
- Inputs: 2 X 1/8" stereo mini-jack
- Outputs: USB Type A (power charging only)
- Main voltages: 115/230V 50/60Hz switchable
- Size (each): 10.0”(H) x 7.0” (W) x 7.75” (D)
- Weight: 6.4Kg/14lbs (left), 4Kg/9lbs (right)
- Shipping weight: 12.6Kg/27.75lbs per pair
- Shipping box dims: 11.5” (W) x 14.5” (H) x 21.75” (L)
- AC power cable
- 1/8" audio cable, 2 meters (~6.5ft)
- 2 x 1/8" audio cables, 20cm (~8")
- 1/8" to RCA "Y" cable
- USB power extender cable, 1 meter (~3.28ft)
- Speaker wire (16AWG), 3.75 meters (~12.3ft)
- Drawstring cable bag
- 2 x High-density foam protectors/sonic isolation pads
- Full Setup Guide
'Great desktop sound from new powered speakers...a timely upgrade has made the A5+ speakers slightly bigger, noticeably netter and far more flexible than the originals' (What Hi-Fi magazine January 2011)
'For: flexible spec; smoothly built' poised, persuasive sound...they remain a compulsory audition for those who crave instant hi-fi' (What Hi-Fi magazine)
'Small and neat yet expansive and dynamic, the A5s are a fine showcase for affordable active loudspeaker design' (Hi-Fi World magazine)
HI-FI WORLD MAGAZINE 5/5 WINNER