Loading. Please Wait
JBL Classic L100 Classic MkII speakers are an updated version of the L100 Classic loudspeakers released a few years ago now – which themselves were an updated version of the 1970s classic. This MkII version is enhanced by JBL's ‘Performance Package’ which upgrades the drivers and features a new bi-wireable crossover.
The cabinet is in a real Walnut veneer and the Quadrex grill comes in three colours - Black, Blue or Orange.
New performance package
The new performance package mainly involves improvements to the drivers. The 30cm woofer has an improved knurled fibre membrane, this also has a rubber suspension. The 12.5cm mid-range unit is mounted off-centre to allow space for the forward-firing bass port.
Additionally, the woofer has a large voice coil and a new more powerful magnet system. The cast aluminium chassis is mounted with eight screws. The tweeter has a titanium dome, with a small scattering lens at the front, which helps to provide better dispersion of higher frequencies.
The result is improved sound quality – very dynamic and full of warmth as well as ambience, with a smooth mid-range and crisp treble.
The JBL classic L100 MkII cabinets feature, real wood, walnut veneer. There is also a pair of tilted stands available. Next, the L100 MkIIs have an adjustable crossover that is also bi-wireable. Beneath the removable grilles, there are controls for treble and mid-range adjustments to tweak the sound slightly to suit your room. The cabinets have a rigid bracing structure, to reduce resonances.
• Speaker Type: 12-inch (300mm) 3-way Bookshelf Loudspeaker
• Low Frequency Driver: 12-inch (300mm) cast-frame Pure Pulp cone woofer with Dual
• Mid Frequency Driver: 5.25-inch (130mm) Polymer-coated Pure Pulp cone (JM125PC-8)
• High Frequency Driver: 1-inch (25 mm) Titanium dome tweeter mated to acoustic lens and
wave guide (JT025Ti2-4)
• Recommended Amplifier Power: 25-200 Watts RMS
• Impedance: 4 ohms
• Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90dB
• Frequency Response: 40Hz-40kHz (-6dB)
• Crossover Frequencies: 450Hz, 3.5kHz
• Finish: Natural Walnut veneer with Black, Orange, or Blue Quadrex Foam Grille
• Dimensions With Grille (HxWxD): 25.3-inch x 15.4-inch x 14.4-inch | 642.9mm x 389.9mm x
• Controls: Attenuators for MF and HF Drivers
• Connector Type: Dual sets of Gold-plated Binding Posts
• Product Weight ea: 63 lb (28.6 kg) each
• Shipping Weight ea: 73 lb (33.1 kg) each
• Shipping Units of Measure: Single Speaker
• Recommended Stand Height: 7in (180mm)