Loading. Please Wait
Klipsch Sevens active speakers are heritage inspired loudspeakers, but boast excellent built-in amplification and streaming features, including support for hi-res audio up to 192kHz and 24 bit.
The 6.5” high excursion driver provides a big sound stage. This is paired with one of Klipsch's renowned horn tweeters for well dispersed high frequencies. The built in amplifier delivers 100W per channel with a frequency response upto 25kHZ. Additionally, Connectivity is good with eARC, Bluetooth and analogue / digital inputs. A bonus is the built in phono preamp making the sevens a great minimalist solution for turntable users as well.
New high excursion drivers
The new 6.5” high excursion driver provides a bigger sound stage, for the high performance Digital Signal Processing (DSP) filter technology. Additionally, there is an edge to edge Traktix horn tweeter that delivers high frequencies over a wide area for crisp clean sound. The Sevens also feature dynamic bass EQ. The human ear is less sensitive to low frequencies, at low volumes. Hence the bass is boosted by the EQ circuit. The boost gradually falls off as the volume increases.
Classic 1960’s looks
The Sevens feature real wood veneer and metal control knobs. This gives them a 1960’s look, while maintaining practicality. The fabric grilles and cork pads also add to the design. However, their is also a black version that will go with more recent décor.
The Klipsch Sevens have an eARC enabled HDMI connector so that you can connect your hi-res TV sound with one cable. In that way you can control the volume with your TV remote. There is also Bluetooth connectivity as well as a 3.5mm analogue input. Digital inputs include optical and USB. A bonus is the provision of a built in MM phono preamp for your turntable. Finally, there is a subwoofer output and a left / right speaker switch. The Klipsch connect app can be used to control all aspects of setup as well as the volume.
What is an active speaker?
An active speaker can provide a one-box solution for audiophiles. Their is no need for an external amplifier as it is built into the cabinet. The amplifier is usually a highly efficient class D unit. As there is less space in the cabinet and there cannot be too much heat generation. Next active speakers are usually capable of streaming music directly with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. They also have inputs for external sources. In the case of the Sevens they also have a built in phono preamp. The second speaker is connected via a special connector and cable.
The HDMI connector is used to connect a video source such as a TV or projector to an amplifier or active speakers. It has undergone various revisions and can now handle 12k Video as well as hi-res audio. eARC stands for Enhanced Audio return Channel and came about because of patchy support for hi-res, uncompressed audio. Some older TV’s may only have one eARC enabled connector it is usually marked next to the socket.
- System Description: Powered Monitor (Pair)
- Frequency Response: 39-25kHz +/- 3dB
- Dynamic Bass Extension: 28Hz @ 35% Volume
- Max Output: 112 dB (1M Stereo Pair)
- Total System Power: 200W Total System Power (400W Peak) 80W LF, 20W HF
- High Frequency Driver: 1” (2.5cm) Titanium LTS vented tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- Low Frequency Driver: 6.5” (16.51cm) high-excursion fibre-composite cone woofer
- Enclosure Material: MDF with genuine wood veneer
- Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
- Inputs: HDMI-ARC with CEC, Bluetooth® wireless technology, Phono/Line analog (with switch and ground screw terminal), 3.5mm analog mini jack, USB digital, Optical digital
- Outputs: Single RCA line level output for connection to subwoofer
- Height, Width, Depth: 6.38” (415.9mm) x 8.13” (206.4mm) x 10.88” (276.22mm)
- Weight: Primary: 22.3 lbs (10.12kg) - Secondary: 19.9 lbs (9.03kg)
- Finish: Walnut / Black
- Included Accessories: Region-Specific power cord (2.0m), Remote control (with 2 x AAA batteries), 4-conductor speaker cable (4m), 4-conductor speaker cable extension (2m), USB Type-B to USB Type-A cable (1.5m), HDMI Cable (1.5m)