The Monitor Audio RadiusONE takes over from the original Radius soundbar with a beefed up driver complement in a purer, acoustically-matched configuration. It incorporates a string of C-CAM® drivers arranged in three sets of 100mm (4”) bass driver/ 25mm (1”) tweeter pairings, each with its own dedicated reflex-ported chamber. It’s a bit like three Radius 90s in a single convenient cabinet, contoured to match the widescreen aesthetics of larger flat TVs. With all this technology onboard you’d expect the RadiusONE to occupy the same space as its predecessor. In fact it’s smaller. The innovative shallow-profile drivers introduced by the new Radius series allow us to generate the triple impact of left, centre and right channels from a cabinet reduced in depth by a whopping 40%! Aesthetically it’s as effective – a single grille will complement the uniform look of thin displays for a beautifully integrated home theatre solution; easy to install, impressive to behold and experience. Our dedicated wall bracket is included.
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Wall mounting bracket Included