Loading. Please Wait
Monitor Audio Silver 100 7G speakers from Monitor Audio are the largest of the two bookshelf speakers on offer in this range. Replaces the 100 6G with plenty of fantastic new features, including the overhauled RST II driver design and an upgraded modern look that will fit wonderfully amongst an array of interior design settings.
Superb RST II Design
The new Cone profile delivers a more rigid profile that features a hexagonal, dimpled structure taken inspired by the Platinum II Series’ RDT II Driver engineering. The unique design displays internal design elements not normally on show.
High Power, High-Performance Mid-Bass Driver
The cone geometry has been updated and designed using the Bronze 6G engineering. The uniform dispersion waveguide featured delivers a far better performance from the entire system. The driver diameter has increased in size, from 25mm in the Silver 6G design to 28.5mm in this range. High power handling is at the forefront of the design leading to low compression.
Directivity and Smooth Crossover in Mid-Range
Inspired by the Gold 5G designs ethos - monitor audio have designed the mid-range to get the best directivity by enlisting compact design and maxing out the drivers bandwidth. This results in a smooth crossover with the tweeter.
Upgraded C-Cam Tweeter Design
Above the surround and dome is a new compression ring that is designed to increase tweeter sensitivity in frequencies over 10kHz. This assists in flattening frequency response while at the same time, reducing distortion. The design ensures the listener can enjoy less distortion without losing volume.
Bookshelf Speakers with Floor Stander Capabilities
The Silver 100 7G is a replacement full extension floorstander, it features an in-room extension to 35Hz (-6dB) with a port tuning at 42Hz - lower than many floorstanding loudspeakers. It also has the ability to be driven hard and loud without compromising control and comfort.
Silver Series Sleek Aesthetic
The Silver Series range has an upgraded crisp, contemporary look that comes various finishes to suit your preference. Fantastic real-wood veneer material has been used for the wood finishes. Updated tweeter trims to accompany the cabinet finish beautifully. Refreshed driver trims that pair beautifully with the tweeter trims, resulting in an elegant, balanced aesthetic. The protection dispersion pattern has been enhanced with a new pattern and is made from stainless steel.
Refreshed Crossover Design
Silver 7G enlists multiple third order filters for all tweeter sections, with a variety of second and third filters on the bass and midrange drivers.
- C-CAM gold dome tweeter featuring uniform dispersion creates a lifelike sound 1x1” (25mm)
- 2 x 51/4” (134mm) C-CAM mid-bass driver with rigid surface technology designed to increase clarity
- Top driver is mid-bass, bottom is bass exclusively - 2.5 way design
- Smaller design to fit easily into any modern environment without losing performance
- Rear ported and tuned to make positioning easy with no ill effects on the audio quality
- Rigid outrigger feet with the option of spikes for carpets or rubber feet for hard flooring
- System Format 2 - way
- Frequency Response 35 Hz - 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83v @ 1m) 87.5 dB
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance 4.9 Ohms @ 170 Hz
- Maximum SPL 106 dB
- Power Handling (RMS) 120 W
- Recommended Amp Requirements 40 - 120 W
- Crossover Frequency 2.3 kHz
- Port Tuning Frequency 42 Hz
- Bass Alignment Bass reflex. HiVe II port system
- Drive Unit Complement 1 x 8" RST II bass/mid driver 1 x 1" (25 mm) gold dome C-CAM tweeter with UD waveguide
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) 375 x 230 x 332 mm (143/4 x 91/16 x 135/64")
- Weight 9.4 kg (20 lb 12 oz)