Loading. Please Wait
The Monitor Audio Silver 200 7G speakers are one of 8 upgraded speakers in the 7G Silver Series range. The smallest floor standing speaker in the 7G range is ideal for limited space, replacing the previous 200 6G model. New features include a completely updated RST II driver design and an updated contemporary aesthetic that sits perfectly amongst a variety of interior decor settings.
Newly Designed RST II Driver
The RST II Driver design has enhanced the mid-range via a hexagon reinforcement patter, resulting in a smooth and low distortion driver. The upgraded construction gives the user a unique look into the internal design.
Premium Performance, Uniform Dispersion Waveguide
The Monitor Audio Silver 200 7G cone geometry has been inspired by the Bronze 6G engineering with a slight improvement, paired with the Uniform Dispersion Waveguide results in a much higher performance from the whole setup. The diameter has increased by 5.25 inches, previously 25mm in the Silver 6G design and now 28.5mm in the Silver 7G. The Monitor Audio Silver 200 7G has been designed with high power handling capabilities inorder to achieve very low compression rates.
Upgraded C-Cam Tweeter Design
The 7G range features...
- a re-designed magnet structure, rear chamber design and surround.
- Motor Structure: new ring magnet structure has increased linear excursion
- Surround venting the rear side of the surround is vented around the outside of the magnet structure and into the main chamber to reduce a build up of energy.
- Surround material improved surround damping smooths the high-frequency performance.
- Single bolt-through technology ensures the tweeter is securely mounted so that the chassis can't resonate.
- Acoustically transparent diffusion / hexagonal pattern grille
- Up to date grille design is refined and the pattern is optimized resulting in no interference with the tweeters waveguide function.
Monitor Audio Silver 200 vs Bronze 200
Learning from the development of the Bronze 6G, this new line includes a compression ring above the surround and dome which increases tweeter sensitivity in frequencies over 10kHz. This increased sensitivity helps to squash frequency response while simultaneously decreasing distortion without losing any volume.
Monitor Audio Silver 200 7G Refreshed Crossover Design
The Monitor Audio Silver 200 7G crossover separates the signals between tweeter and bass drivers, thus the design is instrumental to the overall speaker performance. Silver 7G instruments a combination of third-order filters for all tweeter sections with a combination of second and third on the bass and midrange drivers.
The Silver Series range has been updated with a new look that includes various finishes to suit every aesthetic need. The wood finishes are made from excellent quality, real wood veneer material. The 7G tweeter trims look fantastic alongside the cabinet finish, and the protection dispersion pattern has been upgraded and is made from durable, stainless steel.
- Lifelike sound thanks to the 1 x 1”/25mm C-CAM gold dome tweeter with uniform dispersion waveguide ii
- Increased clarity with the 2 x 51/4”/134mm C-CAM mid-bass driver using RST II
- Top driver is mid-bass and bottom is bass only with 2.5 way design
- Compact design to fit into any modern-day home
- Great for small to medium-sized room systems, whether it be home cinema or stereo
- Intricately designed for easy positioning with rear-porting with no negative impact on sound performance
- System Format 2 1/2 - way
- Frequency Response 34 Hz - 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83v @ 1m) 87.5 dB
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance 5.0 Ohms @ 240 Hz
- Maximum SPL 108 dB
- Power Handling (RMS) 150 W
- Recommended Amp Requirements 60 - 150 W
- Crossover Frequency 2.7 kHz
- Port Tuning Frequency 49 Hz
- Bass Alignment Dual chamber bass reflex with differential tuning Twin HiVe port system
- Drive Unit Complement 1 x 5 1/4" RST II bass driver 1 x 5 1/4" RST II mid driver 1 x 1" (25 mm) gold dome C-CAM tweeter with UD waveguide
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) 885 x 165 x 272 mm (3313/16 x 61/2 x 103/8")
- External Dimensions (including Outrigger Feet and Spikes (H x W x D)) 930 x 254 x 329 mm (3639/64 x 10 x 1261/64")
- Weight (each) 13.7 kg (30 lb 3 oz)