Loading. Please Wait
The Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G speakers are one of the latest 7G Silver Series range. The 500 is the largest floor standing speaker, with the absolute best level of bass response in the silver range. Replacing the previous 6G 500, it lists many improvements, including a completely updated RST II driver design and an updated contemporary aesthetic that sits perfectly amongst a variety of interior decor settings.
Incredible RST II Driver
Features an improved the mid-range with the use of RST II. This includes the new hexagon reinforcement pattern, which allows for a smooth, low distortion driver. The upgraded construction provides the audio enthusiast with an unusual peek into the internal design.
Large Diameter, Low Compression Mid-Range
The design for the cone geometry is based on the Bronze 6G engineering with even more improvements. An increased diameter by 5.25 inches, is now 28.5mm. Engineered specifically for high power handling paired with uniform dispersion waveguide delivers low compression and incredible system performance.
Upgraded C-Cam Tweeter Design
- Motor structure: new ring magnet structure with an increased linear excursion
- Surround venting: rear side of the surround is vented around the outside of the magnet structure and into the main chamber to reduce excessive energy build up.
- The surround damping has been improved in order to achieve a smooth high-frequency performance
- Tweeter is mounted securely with single bolt through technology and ensures that the tweeter chassis will not resonate.
- Uniquely designed hexagonal pattern grille with transparent acoustic diffusion
- Grille design is refined with the diffusion pattern enhanced so that there is no interference in the tweeters waveguide function.
The new compression ring above the surround and dome has been designed to enhance tweeter sensitivity in frequencies over 10kHz and flatten frequency response while at the same time, reducing the amount of distortion. This way, the listener can experience far less distortion without compromising volume.
High Performance Crossover Design
The crossover design is key to the speaker performance. Silver 7G implements a combination of third-order filters for all tweeter sections with a combination of second and third on the bass and midrange drivers.
- 100V Polypropylene capacitors
- Air-Core wound inductors
- Ceramic resistors midrange
- Combination of 100V polypropylene capacitors and 100V polyester capacitors arranged to maximise sound quality.
- Pairing of laminated steel core and air-core inductors are specifically placed to maximise audio quality.
- Combination of 100V polypropylene capacitors and 100V polyester capacitors, arrayed to maximise sound quality
- Ceramic Resistors
- Large 100V Polyester Capacitors
- Large Laminated Steel core inductors
- Ceramic Resistors
Beautiful Contemporary Finish Options
The Silver Series range has an entirely updated look that comes in various finishes to suit your personal preference. The wood finish options use premium real wood veneer material. Updated tweeter trims design pairs flawlessly with the cabinet finishes. The protection dispersion pattern is re-designed and up-to-date, made from sturdy, stainless steel.
- Fits perfectly within any size home cinema set-up
- Combines the design aspects of the Silver C150 6G and C350 6G resulting in super high-performance despite compact footprint
- The cabinets are sealed specifically for precision in sound, even when placed close to a wall
- Easily fits on wall units or shelves with the use of rubber feet includes
- C-CAM gold dome tweeter 1x1”/25mm with UD waveguide ii, providing more realistic audio
- RST II C-CAM mid-range driver 1 x 3” (76mm) and 2 x 5 1/4”(134mm) C-CAM bass driver delivers wonderful clarity
- System Format 3-way
- Frequency Response 27 Hz - 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83v @ 1m) 90.5 dB
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance 4.1 Ohms @ 150 Hz
- Maximum SPL 111 dB
- Power Handling (RMS) 250 W
- Recommended Amp Requirements 80 - 250 W
- Crossover Frequency L.F: 800 Hz M.F/ H.F: 2.7 kHz
- Port Tuning Frequency 36 Hz
- Bass Alignment Bass reflex. Twin HiVe II port system
- Drive Unit Complement 2 x 8" RST II bass driver 1 x 3" RST II bass/mid driver 1 x 1" (25 mm) gold dome C-CAM tweeter with UD waveguide
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) 1050 x 230 x 332 mm (415/16 x 91/16 x 135/64")
- External Dimensions (including Outrigger Feet and Spikes (H x W x D)) 1095 x 319 x 389 mm (437/64 x 129/16 x 155/16")
- Weight (each) 22.5 kg (49 lb 9 oz)