Loading. Please Wait
Monitor Audio Silver 50 7G speakers are the smallest bookshelf model in the 7G range, ideal for those seeking brilliant audio quality in limited space. Replacing the Silver 50 6G, it has many updated features including a completely updated RST II driver design, upgraded tweeter design and an updated contemporary aesthetic that sits perfectly amongst a variety of interior decor settings.
New RST II Driver Design
Upgraded Cone profile to provide a more sturdy profile and featuring an evolved hexagonal, dimpled structure taken from the Platinum II Series’ RDT II Driver development. Designed to give a look at the internal design elements which are not usually visible.
The Mid-Range for the Monitor Audio Silver 50 7G follows the same design ideology as the Gold 5G - improve the directivity with the use of a compact design and maximise the potential of the drivers bandwidth allowing for a seamless crossover with the tweeter.
Features updated cone geometry inspired by the Bronze 6G engineering, paired with the Uniform Dispersion Waveguide results in a much higher performance from the whole setup. Diameter has increased by 5.25 inches, going from 25mm in the Silver 6G design to 28.5mm in the Silver 7G. Designed with high power handling in mind to give low compression.
Upgraded C-Cam Tweeter Design
The Monitor Audio Silver 50 7G's updated design features a compression ring above the surround and dome, designed to increase the sensitivity of the tweeter for frequencies over 10kHz. This helps to flatten frequency response while simultaneously decreasing distortion. As a result, the listener can benefit from reduced distortion without compromising volume.
Silver 50 7G Refreshed Crossover Design
The crossover separates the signals between tweeter and bass drivers, making the design crucial to the overall speaker performance. Silver 7G uses a combination of third order filters for all tweeter sections with a combination of second and third on the bass and midrange drivers
Enhanced Bookshelf Speakers
Get the most out of the Monitor Audio Silver 50 7G low extension by placing your speaker close to a wall - an excellent solution when space is scarce but sound quality is important. In-Room the Silver 50 7G extends down to 47Hz at -6dB.
New Cabinet Design & Finishes
The Silver Series range has an updated look that comes in various finishes. The selection of wooden finishes use excellent, real wood veneer material. The updated tweeter trims have been designed to pair perfectly with the cabinet finish and the newly designed protection dispersion pattern is made with stainless steel material.
- 25mm 1x1” C-Cam Gold Dome Tweeter features Uniform Dispersion (UD) Waveguide II for life-like, accurate audio reproduction
- C-CAM mid-bass driver 1 x 51/4” 134mm featuring Rigid Surface Technology (RST) II for increased clarity
- Designed to provide a bass extension usually only possible with floor standers
- Optimised to cope with reflected sound when space is close to a wall
- Great solution for smaller spaces where sound quality is important
- Rear-ported & tuned for easy positioning without a negative impact on sound performance
- Ideal to use as front or rear channels in small home cinema systems or for small stereo music set-ups
- Compact, bookshelf friendly and includes rubber stopper feet
- Mount to your wall with the Monitor Audio FIX-M mount
- System Format 2 - way
- Frequency Response 47 Hz - 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83v @ 1m) 86 dB
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance 3.9 Ohms @ 250 Hz
- Maximum SPL 104 dB
- Power Handling (RMS) 100 W
- Recommended Amp Requirements 40 - 100 W
- Crossover Frequency 2.6 kHz
- Port Tuning Frequency 58 Hz
- Bass Alignment Bass reflex. HiVe II port system
- Drive Unit Complement 1 x 5 1/4” RST II bass/mid driver 1 x 1” (25 mm) gold dome C-CAM tweeter with UD waveguide
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) 282 x 165 x 272 mm (111/8 x 61/2 x 103/8”)
- Weight 5.6 kg (12 lb 6 oz)