Loading. Please Wait
The ProAc Studio 100 was produced for over 20 years until 2013. They were made for both domestic and studio use. The studio 100 quickly became a favourite in the studios used as a near field monitor
For the last 2 years Stewart Tyler has been working on a new speaker named the ProAc SM100 and all parameters have been improved for both studio and domestic use. It now has a new bass driver with a new surround and dust cap along with a brand new 1 inch domed tweeter and crossover network, however the cabinet remains the same.
The bass driver looks similar but has a new rubber surround for longevity and power handling and now comes in a ProAc basket. The tweeter is a new ProAc design with a 1 inch silk dome and a front plate to lower distortion, the dome has a new roll surround.
The SM100 also features a new crossover, the overall sound quality is similar to the studio 100 but slightly smoother sound makes it ideal for long listening sessions.
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Recommended Amp: 30-150W
- Freq Response: 35Hz to 30KHz
- Sensitivity: 88dB Linear (1w @1m)
- Bass: 6.5" treated cone Mid/Bass
- Features: New rubber surround + Basket
- Tweeter: 1" Soft silk done
- Cable: Multi-strand oxygen free copper
- Optional: bi-wiring or bi-amping
- Grille: Acoustically transparent crimplene
- Dimensions (HWD): 406mm x 203 x 254mm
- Weight: 12Kg each unpacked