Loading. Please Wait
Synthesis A50 Taurus valve amplifier is the mid-range model in Synthesis Action series. It is a high-end valve based stereo integrated amplifier with a built in DAC.
The KT88 valves are intended for high-power audio applications and give 50W per channel, used here in a push-pull, class AB configuration. Moreover, the sleek and modern design is complemented by the onboard 24-bit / 19kHZ DAC. Experience the best combination of valve and digital, with the A50.
The A50 has been built using the best available materials and without compromise. Synthesis have a wealth of experience and research behind them. As a result, this amplifier can sit at the centre of a modern system. Notably, It will give the best of both digital and analogue sound. The sound is delicate and precise as well as faithful to the original recording.
High grade output transformers
The A50 has specially designed output transformers, that are made of high grade materials. The core is constructed from iron-Silicon, for the best frequency response and stereo width. The transformer is a unique design for the A50. Moreover, attention to detail is the key with this great performing amplifier. For example, the output valves are carefully matched, using computer measuring and monitoring.
Great connectivity and DAC
The A50 has good connectivity with a coaxial digital input and four analogue inputs. The speaker outputs are at opposite ends of the cabinet to reduce crosstalk. There is also a USB connector. The built-in DAC uses the Wolfson WM8740 Chip. This is a well regarded Chip used in high-end audio products. It is a 24bit 192kHz device with a very good signal to noise ratio, of 120dB. A high quality remote control is also included.
The power supply and output transformers are mounted on an extremely rigid H structure. This reduces vibration and prevents noise from getting to the valves. There are also heavy gauge rubber feet to further isolate the unit from any external vibrations. The valves are specially selected and balanced for this unit.
- Power Stage: Matched pair KT88/6550, per-channel
- Input Stage: 1 x ECC83/12AX7, per-channel
- Driver Stage: 1 x ECC99/12BH7, per-channel
- Input impedance: 50kΩ
- Input sensitivity: 200mV for max. power
- Output Impedance: 6Ω
- Power stage configuration: Ultra-linear, 43% tap
- Power output: 50W RMS Class AB1 (6Ω)
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz - 0.5dB
- Signal/Noise ratio: > 90dB "A" weighted
- Analogue Inputs: 4 x Line
- Digital Inputs: 1 x USB "Type B”, 1 x S/PDIF Coax
- Digital Upsampling: 24-bit / 192kHz
- D/A Converter: Dual Mono Wolfson WM8740
- Outputs: Pre Out (variable)
- Remote Control: Included for volume and source selection
- Power Consumption: 350W max.
- Dimensions: (w,d,h): 420 x 450 x 260mm
- Weight: 35kg