Unison Research uPhono+ Pre-Amp / Headphone amp with Phono Stage and Hi-Res Digital Output.
Hi-Fi World Dec. 2019 " Outstanding, among the best "
uPhono+ by Unison Research is a multifunctional MM / MC preamp with high resolution A / D conversion and processing with three digital outputs and a high current headphone stage.
- Moving Magnet (MM) stage gain: 38dB @ 1kHz
- Moving Coil (MC) stage gain 58dB or 69dB @ 1kHz selectable with dip-switches
- MM cartridge input with 4 loading capacitor values (100/200/320/420pF) selectable with dip-switches
- MC cartridge input with 7 loading resistor values (5/10/25/100/250/500/1kOhm) selectable with dipswitches
- Fixed level analogue output
- Variable level analogue output: level varied with front panel volume control
- High-current headphone stage: can be used with headphones from 16 to 600 ohms impedance
- Subsonic IEC anti-rumble filter with override dip-switch
- Optimized PCB layout and widespread use of SMD componentry to minimize the length of the signal path
- Alps® «Blue Velvet» potentiometer that simultaneously adjusts the volume of the headphone stage and the level of the variable output
- Low noise internal mains power supply with totally independent analogue and digital power supplies
uPhono+ Digital Features
- USB 24bit/96kHz max. sample rate to record your vinyl discs on PC and save them in high-resolution formats
- Toslink (96kHz) digital optical output
- S/PDIF (96kHz) digital coaxial output
- A/D conversion carried out using the Cirrus Logic CS5341 IC
- USB asynchronous trasmission using the Bravo SA9137 IC
- Digital optical and coaxial transmission using the TI DIT4096 IC