Audioengine D1 DAC
Audioengine D1 Premium 24-Bit DAC (digital-to-analog converter) allows you to bypass your computer's soundcard or headphone output and send audio through USB or optical to listen to on your active speakers, hi-fi system or through headphones. The obvious choice of active speakers are of course either the Audioengine A2 or Audioengine A5+ but you can connect the D1 DAC to any music system with an audio input. The D1 will improve the sound of all your music stored on your computer!
The D1 accepts inputs from both USB and optical and has outputs for any audio system or headphones. The D1 DAC is the perfect way to get great-sounding music not only from your computer but also from your TV, Apple TV, DVD/BluRay player or CD player. And since it's powered by USB, D1 is also a high-quality portable computer headphone amplifier.
Designed for the audiophile
D1 will process digital audio at any bit depth up to 24 bits and any sample rate to 192KHz. With it's high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion the D1 delivers sound quality generally heard only in more expensive DACs. The high-performance headphone output was designed for a wide range of headphones and will satisfy even the most demanding headphone enthusiasts.
Setup is easy and no special software is needed, making D1 a true plug-and-play solution. The D1 outputs connect to any audio system or powered speakers, such as the Audioengine A5+ or A2. Power for the D1 is provided via the USB bus so there is no external power supply to connect.
See and Hear the Difference
Audioengine designers, with their attention to audio quality as well as visual aesthetics, have created a feast for both the eyes and ears. The rounded anodized aluminum case of the D1 reflects traditional Audioengine design and the audio fidelity is typical of Audioengine's commitment to great sound at an affordable price. The Audioengine D1 continues to close the gap between your computer music and home hi-fi and even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee your music will sound better!
- Desktop or portable digital-to-analog convertor
- Mac or PC plug-and-play, no drivers to install
- High-performance headphone amp included
- USB and optical inputs
- USB-powered, no separate power supply needed
- Stream bit-perfect HD audio with low jitter
- Based on high-performance AK4396 DAC
- Any computer (Mac or PC)
- Apple TV or any product with optical outputs
- Powered speakers
- Any audio system with mini-jack or RCA inputs
Whats in the box?
(1) D1 DAC
(1) USB cable, 2ft (0.6m)
(1) Microfiber product bag
(1) Setup guide
(1) Product line brochure
- DAC type: Dual Mode USB and Optical (SPDIF)
- Inputs: USB/Optical (SPDIF)
- Outputs: RCA stereo/3.5mm headphone
- D/A converter: AKM4396
- Optical receiver: CS8416
- USB controller: TI1020B
- USB: Type 1.1 or above
- Full-scale output: 2.0V RMS (RCA and Headphone)
- Output impedance: 47 ohms RCA, 10 ohms headphone
- Power source: USB 5V
- Power requirements: 200mA
- USB power filtering: 2-stage redundant regulation
- SNR: >110db
- THD+N: <0.002%
- Crosstalk: <-85db
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 25KHz +/- 0.5db
- Input bit depth: up to 24 bits
- Input data rate: up to 192KS/s (optical), 96KS/s (USB)
- Product dimensions: 3.5 x 4 x 1"
- Shipping weight: 1.0lbs (0.5kg)