The slender Monitor Audio Radius 225 is even slimmer than its predecessor. At just 65mm in depth, the 225 is the perfect match with today’s ultra-thin displays. Use it as a centre channel or main speaker: its acoustic design of twin 4” (100mm) C-CAM® mid/bass drivers astride a 1” (25mm) C-CAM tweeter delivers superb accuracy from horizontal and vertical positions. Extend bass further by adding the awesome 380 or 390 subs for breathtaking full-range AV or stereo sound. The new 225 may be thinner physically, but its performance will fill the air with exhilarating audio wall-to-wall. A dedicated wall bracket is included with the 225.
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Comes complete with a dedicated wall bracket.