Loading. Please Wait
Musical Fidelity M8xi Super Integrated Amplifier is powerful, versatile and delivers audiophile grade sound quality. It houses a separate DAC, pre-amp and two mono-block power amps within one large chassis, each of which is capable of performing to an exceptional standard. This is perfect for your hi-fi system.
The M8xi’s entire signal path has a low-feedback configuration; it’s designed to deliver higher power and lower distortion. The bridged output stage’s efficiency has been increased and the whole driver stage has been developed to work mostly in pure Class A. The result of this is a wide sound stage, a great dynamic range and vocals that have more detail and presence.
Music Fidelity’s M8xi Amp has a high power output, rated at 550W into 8Ω, to be able to drive almost any speaker available with comfort and control. The power amp is laid out in true dual-mono with dedicated power supplies for each channel, for absolute signal integrity.
The M8xi pre amp stage largely operates in Class A and runs off its own independent power supply. It has both XLR and RCA inputs and uses low-noise op-amps in all sections for the truest signal.
Musical Fidelity’s M8xi also has a switchable Home Theatre (HT) input, which couples directly to the power amp stage to allow for a suitably specified AV processor to control the home cinema volume levels.
The M8xi has XLR and RCA balanced outputs for wider system applications. There are outputs for additional external amps, as well as an RCA fixed stereo output for analogue recording or an external headphone amp. The M8xi also has a five input DAC, powered from its own dedicated power supply.
Based around Texas Instruments’ PCM5242 low-distortion, low-noise DAC chip, two coaxial (S/PDIF), two optical (S/PDIF) and one asynchronous USB Type-B input are available. The coaxial and the USB inputs are capable of supporting hi-res audio streams up-to 24-bit/192kHz, and the optical input is capable of supporting up-to 24-bit/96khz
- Power per/ch: 550w at 8 ohms, 870w at 4 ohms 1.6k W at 2 ohms
- THD+N: <0.004% typ, 20 Hz-kHz (XLR)
- Signal/Noise: >86dB 'A'-weighted (XLR)
- Freq Response: +0/-1dB, 10Hz-100kHz
- 4x pairs line level RCA connectors
- 2x pairs line level XLR (bal) connectors
- 2x Coax S/PDIF up to 24 bit 192kHz
- 2x Optical S/PDIF up to 24 bit 96kHz
- USB B Asynchronous (up to 24bit 192kHz)
- 1x pair line level RCA fixed
- 1x pair pre-out RCA variable
- 1x pair line level XLR variable
- Coax S/PDIF up to 24bit 192kHz
- Optical S/PDIF up to 24 bit 96kHz
- Dimensions (WHD): 483 x 184 x 510mm
- Weight: 4.6kg